Our newly qualified Sports Massage Therapist/ Sport Scientist is up to date with the latest techniques and can offer a range of treatments and services to encourage recovery and aid the rehabilitation of injuries sustained during sporting activities.
# Sports Massage is not just for athletes and can be used to benefit anybody with stress on their body and muscles.
What is Sports Massage?
The scientific manipulation of soft tissues of the body which utilises specific techniques & stretches to help obtain maximum performance & physical conditioning with less chance of injury or pain.
Benefits of Sports Massage:
- Promotes healing and recovery
- Aids in the prevention of injury
- Relieves muscle tension and pain
- Breaks down scar tissue and reduces its effects
- Improves performance
- Induces relaxation
- Enhances tissue permeability
- Improves muscle tone
- Aids sleep
- Reduces anxiety and improves mood
#Pre-event: Sports massage before a sporting event or prior to physical activity can improve performance and reduce the risk of injury.
#Post-event: Sports massage after a sporting event or physical activity can promote faster recovery, flush out toxins and lactic acid, reduce the risk of next day muscle sorness (DOMS) and help return the body and mind to a relaxed state.
- Injury consultation- injury assessment using special tests, to diagnose the injury sustained.
Postural Assessment- a non-invasive postural assessment is used to identify any muscular or fascial imbalances.
Sports Massage techniques: Basic & Deep tissue Massage Techniques, STR (Soft tissue Release), Myofacial release, Neuromuscular Massage Therapy (Trigger point Therapy), MET (Muscle Energy Techniques).
Rehabilitation exercises- Stretches and Exercises will be given at the end of each session. A personalised exercise program can be created unique to you, to help aid your recovery (Upon request).
- After care advice
£20- 45 minute session (Includes all treatments listed above)
- BSc (Hons) Sport & Exercise Science
- ITEC Sports Massage: Distinction
- CYQ Gym-Based Exercise
- Emergency First Aid at Work Level 2
- DBS (CRB) checked
- Insured with the Federation of Holistic Therapists